Have any of the following situations happened to you?
- On your way home from work – you start thinking about all the things
you DIDN’T get done!
- You’ve been away from work for several hours but still find yourself
feeling as though you’re still there!
- You have a hard time falling asleep or you wake up in the middle of the
night because you’re thinking about WORK!
There once was a time I would have answered YES to ALL OF THE ABOVE!
WORK seemed to follow me home and hold me hostage in my own home.
It took some effort and I had to try several different strategies before I found
ones that worked!
Today, I want to share one of these LifeTOOLS with you! [You may know
of someone you need to pass it along to! ]
Work LifeTOOL #1 – “The Garbage Can Tool”
- Find a garbage can closest to the door you enter and exit work.
- As you are walking by on your way home, IMAGINE YOURSELF taking
all the stress / work chaos of the day and “DUMPING IT” all in that
garbage can as you walk by!
- If works starts to pop in to your thoughts – quickly picture the garbage
can at work & say to yourself: “I left everything there!” (repeat as needed!)
- When you go back to work the next time, walk by the garbage can and
IMAGINE YOURSELF picking back up what you dumped & left there!
The goal here is to train our minds that we ‘leave it there!’
I promise: the more you can practice this, the easier it will get for you!
Let me know when you try it by leaving a comment below.
~ To Living Well TODAY! ~
via Esperanza – Hope To Cope
(This and our other articles are provided by some of our curated resources. We encourage readers to support them and continue to look to these sources in times of need and opportunity.)